Sunday, December 6, 2015

Merry update!

This morning I went to visit with Merry and was pleasantly surprised by her improvement. The swelling has gone down in her one leg, and, as you can see, she is sitting up. When I went in to the room to visit with her, she actually tried to come over to see me but I went to her for the visit. She is doing remarkably well and now she is getting ready for her big surgery on Wednesday to repair the multiple fractures in her pelvis. She is getting feeling back in her legs which is remarkable and her body functions are starting to work again. So much trauma to her body and it takes time for the body to start repairing itself. Every day is a surprise and I hope it continues to be. Thank you to everyone who has been concerned about her. She will be at this vet for her recuperation and healing. It's a big endeavor and she will require a lot of support to make it all happen successfully.